Great Garlic Dill Pickles is a great recipe, it is delicious and awesome. Great Garlic Dill Pickles is a great recipe, it is delicious and awesome. Great Garlic Dill Pickles is a great recipe, it is delicious and awesome.
- Gherkins as many as you need to fill the jar
- Garlic cloves 4-6 cloves
- Fresh Dill one package
- Sea salt
- Glass jar
- Heat water and add salt. To make a 5% brine (this is best) add 1 1/4 ounces of sea salt per quart of water. Allow salt to dissolve and let the solution cool before adding to the jar.
- Make sure you use a clean glass jar
- Peel the garlic cloves and crush with a knife
- Rub the dill and place
- Place the garlic and dill into the jar
- Place gherkins into the jar, its okay if they are tight
- Add brine to just above the gherkins
- Place on the counter, uncovered for 1-5 days depending on how sour you want the pickles
- The solution may look cloudy, if it turns black there is likely an overgrowth of fungus. If this is the case please discard and start again.
- Do not add vinegar as it will not allow the bacteria to grow and fermentation will not occur.
- Once you are done, close the top of the jar. The pickles will last a very long time in the refrigerator .