Quick Veggie Quesadilla
- What do you have in your fridge?
- Today, I had:
- Red pepper
- Beans (almost any kind will do)
- Vegetable broth
- Taco Seasoning
- Crushed red pepper
- Tortilla (your choice on the kind)
- I used a little oil this time for my sweating and sautéing
- I start with chopped onion with a pinch of salt
- Follow this with chopped garlic for about one minute. Do not let this brown as it will make the dish bitter
- For ease I used a chopper that allowed me to make the dices symmetrical
- I chopped the vegetables above and added them to the pan
- Add ginger-here is a little trick: Freeze the ginger and then use a grater to put in what you need. This way it will always be fresh.
- Chop Cilantro and put that in as the vegetables cook.
- Add a small amount of vegetable broth and the remainder of the spices to taste
- Let most of the liquid reduce
- In a separate pan, preferably one with a non stick coating, use either cooking spray, a little butter brushed onto the pan or keep the pan dry
- Let one side of a tortilla brown slightly then flip
- Add the cooked ingredients above, add cheese if you like (not necessary)
- Fold the tortilla in half and flip twice to make sure it is a bit crunchy.
- Remove the Quesadilla and make more for your friends.